Just an ordinary year
I thought I would do a retrospective on the past year. Here is my checklist for this year in review.
- Did I get some woodworking projects done, and do I still have all of my fingers? Check.
- Did two more back surgeries reduce the pain at least a little? Check.
- “As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest . . . summer and winter, day and night will never cease” (Genesis 8:22). Check.
- Did I learn something new so my brain won’t shrivel up? TBD
- “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’” (Jeremiah 29:11). Check.
- After over 40 years of trying, did my wife finally win a prize from Publishers Clearing House? Not a chance.
- Will she stop trying next year so we can save a little money on postage? Not a chance.
- Was everything smooth sailing? I wish, but we’re still sailing.
- “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it” (1 Corinthians 10:13). Check.
Looks like this was just an ordinary year. God is faithful.